The Social Stock Exchange – Where profit meets purpose
When we attended the last Ethical Investment Association conference in November 2015, we came across a new initiative which we thought our clients would be interested and encouraged to hear about. It is called The Social Stock Exchange and provides access to the world’s first regulated exchange dedicated to businesses and investors seeking to achieve a positive social and environmental impact through their activities.
The Social Stock Exchange wants to change the way that investments are sought – and sold. To be listed a company must pass a stringent validation process and produce an Impact Report covering:
1. The social or environmental purpose of the company and the impact it will deliver
2. Who benefits as a result of the company’s social impact
3. How a company’s products, services, and operations deliver that social impact
4. How a company involves and consults with all its stakeholders
5. What evidence a company has of its social impact and how that is collected, measured and reported
Companies can be big or small; so long as they have the potential to deliver viable returns and can demonstrate how they will adhere to their own social and/ or environmental Mandates and missions.
Using the Impact Report information generated through this process, investors can seek out investments and be confident that their money is being invested in credible, social or environmental companies. And business owners can rest assured that their investments are in excellent company.
The Social Stock Exchange is small but growing and has some extremely experienced people behind it. You can find out more at http://socialstockexchange.com/ or contact us on 01603 309020.