We supported The Benjamin Foundation again this year with Christmas presents for those they support. They are a charity that exists to help people to deal with many of the challenges that life throws at them. Started in Norfolk in 1994, and in 2016 expanded into Suffolk.
Their work covers the following areas:
- Homelessness – Accommodation centres for young adults provide support and a safe place to live while they help them get their lives back on track.
- Families – Supporting those who need help to strengthen family relationships.
- Children – They work with schools to support children with issues including bullying. They also provide childcare with their day nursery and pre and post-school clubs.
- Furniture stores – They have three stores raising money to support the rest of their work by selling donated furniture and electrical goods.
- Young people at risk of being homeless who they look after in their eleven accommodation centres or who live with one of their host families across Norfolk and Suffolk, aged 16-25 years
- Individual gifts for children and young people who use their one-to-one support and guidance services aged 5-18 years